Jobbie
Hello diary.. Mind if I call you diary? Doesn't matter anyway yar. Haven't been writing online or on paper lately and I kind of miss it..I finished my A levels about 2 weeks ago. Hmm... when put this way, it doesn't sound so long does it? But it does feel so long. I kept trying to find a job, doesn't really matter what, but nobody wants to hire me :( My mom says that she's afraid if I keep on looking, I'll probably just end up with no job even at the end of June or July, when or if I go into university.
Anyway, right now I've landed myself in a company (don't think I should write the company name) and on probation. Well, at least it's a job. The working hours are kind of weird, 2pm to 10pm at night. It's sales and supposed to be selling some health products. I'm quite convinced that it's good and I've already decided to give it my best shot, never mind how tough the job is.
Then I come home today and my mom tells me to quit my job. QUIT MY JOB, mind you! Do you know I had to go through 4 interviews before I actually found a company who actually WANTED to hire me?! She said that the working hours suck and it's not safe for me and that the company has a bad reputation.
My mom has a very strong influence on me, so when she implied to me to get a job quickly, I felt desperate, and now she's demoralizing me..
She said that I might not get my pay at the end of the month if the company is cheating us since she said that the company was in the news for not-so-good records.
But then it's grown into a large company with 10 holdings currently and is planning to get listed next year.
If they are going to cheat us, then they will be cheating about 80 of us.
It's a tough job. I'll have to sell stuff to my RELATIVES! argh! I guess even if I am going to be cheated, at least I'd have gained some skills at persuasion.
And if I'm not going to be cheated at least I'm going to earn some money.
In the meantime I'm going to be careful, real careful. There are so many possibilities as to how they will cheat us. So many lies they could tell us. So while I want to trust my mom, I also don't want to distrust the company completely. I can go whenever I want, so I guess I have control over that. I am also aware of the fact of brain-washing and propaganda the company could be carrying out, but also aware that I should follow and trust them to a certain extent, to benefit me. Until they prove that I can trust them, then will I aim to benefit the company.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home