Dear Diary,
I was at suntec city for the past few weeks, from end of december till yesterday and will be at parkway parade until 30th jan. Was so tired everyday as we went home late. Did stock taking and all that, but did not touch money for quite a while so I was not used to counting money today. Hate counting money. Counting stocks so much easier.
I miss my friends at suntec. Unbelievably, I have feelings for one of the guys there. Haiz, again. So pathetic. But the group of people there are so good and relatively organized. I'm so used to the place there, with the noisy people, the loud laughter and the occasional tough customer. At parkway the occasional tough customer part did not change but things are quiet and there isn't so much laughter. The new girl I'm supposed to work with does not normally lie within my circle of friends, and I find it kind of difficult to relate to her. She won't be going to work tomorrow because she is suffering from a case of food poisoning. I can't help but feel kind of relieved. I'm evil, aren't I? So Hui Ping, my in-charge says that she is trying to transfer people over to parkway parade to help because she's afraid Toby, the new girl, will not be able to handle. I hope she transfers someone who is able to count money because I'm hopeless at it. I hate counting float and retail sales and tallying money and all that. It sucks big time.
I really miss the people there at suntec. No matter how much I complain about suntec being far, the people are fun and I don't have to handle the money, just the stocks, which I can manage. But put money into my hands and my mind draws a blank. Ok, so I especially miss him. Charming, that's him.
There was once at suntec when a girl was looking at some stuff so I asked if I can help her. She looked up at me, screwed up her face in a kind of cute smile and shook her head and then walked to the other counter. I blushed. I couldn't believe it myself but I blushed! The first time I'm absolutely sure that I blushed. The blood just rushed to my face within seconds. She's so sweet, but I don't understand why I blushed. I just did and I think it's because she's cute. I was surprised at her reaction as well I guess, which was why I blushed. From then on that guy would point out pretty and sweet girls to me whenever any walked past. He also teased me about being lesbian. I really miss them now. Haiz...
I'm still holding on to this job because I'm testing to see if I can hold out to the end of the given period instead of just quitting halfway through. 2 more weeks and I would have worked a month. Looking for something admin and with office hours after this so that I can lead a normal life.
Sales today was pretty good, reaching up to 9K plus. It's the first time I actually did 2 transactions for a 3-in-1 coin set. One costs 1,618, so go figure. Within a day I have encountered tough and fussy customers, but it is only today that a customer actually complimented me. She's quite an old lady, in her 40s or so, small sized, about my height. She says that she will buy the golden rooster coin set because my service was good. Don't know if she is only humoring me or what but it feels quite good to be complimented, no matter how slight.
A student just dedicated a song on the radio to those who are studying for some test. Sounds so weird and familiar. Feels so comfortable listening to that dedication, like something so old and comforting, as if I can readily fit in again although I know I'll start complaining again soon. I need my salary. The stupid transport and meals money are eating deep into my salary. Must hold on until the end of 2 weeks. There's only a week and 6 days left. I can do it! Just do it! Give me the strength to carry on. I'm trading my stamina and fitness for the money. No time at all to exercise. Leave home at 9 reach home at about 12. So tired after that. I'm going to fall asleep even while I'm typing.
Haiz, I miss them lehz... and him. My quietness needs a loud and realiable person for a contrast. I hope Hui ping will get someone who is reliable, loud and can count money to accompany me at parkway parade.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home