Friday, February 25, 2005

Baby, the pain

Baby,
I once loved you. I cried for you every other night, the first one I have cried for. I would have liked you back in my arms, to walk beside me once more, every other day.
The pain in my heart is indescribable, as if my heart was being torn apart and was bleeding. If a man was stabbed, he would take a few months to recover, the pain perhaps vanishing within that few months. But the pain I felt took years to fade.
I couldn't concentrate on anything at all. My eyes had drifted to you whenever you were within sight and wherever we were. My heart had ached terribly for you when you were in sight, and more so when you weren't.
You were my light in my life, you could say my soulmate.

Then one day I woke up and realized I have not been thinking of you for a few days now. The pain has faded and now do I realize it is no use crying over something which is no longer mine.

Baby,
I wish I could hold you in my arms now and wipe the tears from your cheeks, as you go through this excruciating pain. For even if we are not the same as the past, I still love you, in the same, and yet a different way.
The end has not come, my dear. Do what you can to salvage what is left. If you feel that this is the end of the world for you, remember that I once went through all this, and I am still surviving.
It is never the end of the world because someone left you, because even if the person is your light, you are also somebody else's light in the future.

It aches my heart to see you like this, because I still love you, in that same and yet different way.Look around you, baby, see how many people love and care for you. Cry if you must, my dear, but try not to let the pain last too long.

Promise, at least your friends around you, that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home