Saturday, March 19, 2005

Dreams

Dear Diary,
Just now a thought popped into my mind. I thought that all those education we received only gave us false hope.
We were taught to aim high, so that you won't fall too far off the mark. We were taught to have great dreams, and were told to strive for them.
We are told inspirational stories about people who have carved out a career for themselves just by following their heart.

But out of the thousands who hear of these, how many actually make it? How many of us are those who follow our hearts and really be who or what we want to be?

I have never thought much of working in a private firm, and yet the more I work part-time in these companies, the more I feel that I am being driven down that path.

I don't know what I really do want anymore. And I don't know whether I can still achieve those dreams that are seem so far away now.
I can almost always find a theoretical answer to my doubts and questions. Right after I typed that doubt of mine down, the answer popped up in my head.

All I had to do was to take that first step. I remember hearing that ad where that man said that taking the first step is always difficult, after that it just flows quite easily.

Ooh, that much I know! I remember I once headed that advice before and it was exhilarating. Ironically, I don't remember what I really did. =)

Seriously, I don't know what are my dreams now. I guess that's why I'm glad that alumni band is starting. I need something to pull me back into music and to find that interest I once had in it. A timely arrival. I hope this works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home