Saturday, April 16, 2005

Education - freedom

I had no idea that when I stepped onto the road leading to university, I was bound to an unspoken contract to do what the country wants me to do : hold an office job and contribute to the economy.

Suddenly within that space of 5 seconds I felt as if I was robbed of my freedom. My dreams crumbled to nothing within 5 seconds.

It was as if the freedom was illusionary, and I had carried this illusion for 18 years. Then finally it disappears into thin air and I see reality.

I was bound from the beginning without realizing it. I was given wings and told to fly, and yet I had my wings clipped.

Allow the government to pay for your education and this is what you will get.

... ...

Hmm, the feeling is still there, but I can't remember what sentence triggered this thought and sudden realization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home