Friday, May 20, 2005

"Addition"

(Disclaimer: This entry is based solely on the writer's thoughts, reflections and frustrations and has no intention of defaming any parties mentioned in this entry, directly or indirectly.)

I forgot to add something. I am so so so so so so so so against this sentence. Read my "Education - freedom" entry.

"You didn't study up to university just to become a housewife and hold a part-time job."

Sorry, but I just thought that education was supposed to give us freedom. If I want to be a housewife and hold a part-time job I suppose it is against the law? Absurdity. Fine! If you are so against it, then give me some time and when I start work I will pay society back the money which funded my education. And THEN I will go back to being a housewife and hold a part-time job.
I don't know if I will end up being housewife and hold a part-time job, but then I just feel so cheated that the society and the government did not tell us this part of our unspoken agreement when I first stepped onto the path of education.
That's all. It isn't a very big deal to a lot of people, but it is to me.
I always enjoyed education even though I grumbled a lot about it. I liked learning about new things. I thought education was about that ; enjoying what you are learning. I thought it was the passing down of knowledge from one generation to next.
I thought wrong.
Oh yar, I am supposed to pay back society, so I guess I will work for a few years to pay back whatever it is I owe the economy and THEN quit and do my thing.
Ah, I feel better now after letting it out, but I'm still irritated by this fact.

Please remember my very short disclaimer before you decide to complain or take a lawsuit against me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home