Friday, May 20, 2005

Concert(s)

Hi. (I like the full-stop.)
AJCSB's concert is on 22nd may, this sunday, to be specific, at 7.30pm. Hmm, how come I don't feel excited? Ah well, this is not my band anymore, if you get what I mean. People grow old, times change.

XMSB's concert somwhere in July or August, I don't know which month. I wonder if they will let us play a percussion quartet or ensemble... Should go and ask them.

If only I get paid for playing music and doing what I do now, I would be rich. My skills, in percussion I mean, have improved I think. And yet in some ways it is now worse. And then in others, it is still the same.

Better:
I mean like I can do double sticking better now, (I have more protruding veins on my hands now because of the practicing), I can do both multiple and double-stroke rolls better now, I like my "flam"s.
Worse:
I haven't touched mallets or played an actual mallet piece in like... 6 months or more? Actually I think that's about it. Oh yar, my strokes are definately slower now.
Same:
Sight-reading is still as bad, still not confident when playing in front of and with people, ( I don't seem to have the same problem when playing alone), and my hair always does not do what I want it to do on concert days.

Please comment. How in the world can I improve my sight-reading?

Oh, did I mention how I like full-stops?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home