Sunday, September 18, 2005

Blog skin ; "Ram-bu-tan"

I changed my blogskin. Was comtemplating between blue and pink... and green... ok, and orange. Thought I would try some other colour besides blue, but still ended up with it. I miss my old blogskin already! Nostalgia! The last one was nice right, but I thought it was a bit too... old. I know I'm growing old, but still there is no need to live up to my age.

The day my tutor said "ram-bu-tan"

In my 3rd psychology tutorial, my tutor wanted to demonstrate to us a memory technique, because we were on the topic of memory. We had to associate the first bunch of words to the 2nd bunch of words. So he reading the 10th word or so, which was, "ram-bu-tan" (note: pronounce the syllabus separately, meaning "ram" as the animal "ram", and "tan" as in "I have a nice tan"), after which he said, "I just had to show off a bit." He was from California.

We stared at him for 2 full seconds before he realized that we did not know what he was saying. He then threw his hands up in the air and cried, " Forget it! Mangosteen!" To which we finally caught on and understood that "ram-bu-tan" meant "rambutan".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home