Singapore schools punish cheeky student bloggers
Singapore schools punish cheeky student bloggersGOD.
I am naive and not streetsmart. I was from a relatively good JC, got relatively good grades and am now in university, first year undergraduate. I learned how to calculate the horizontal velocity of an object in trajectory motion, how interest rates affect inflation rates and how to write a well-balanced GP essay.
Ooh! We live in a very nice society. Nice as in peaceful, I can walk at night and reach home safely and I can go to school without fearing I'd get my head blown off by a gun or a bomb. Yup. So our forefathers worked bloody damn hard to get us to where we are today, in only FORTY years.
Jump ahead. Now we as students have to use technology for everything. So you can say that WE are the pioneering batch of new media users.
Cut the crap. Maybe schools should include a subject on INTERNET LAWS IN SINGAPORE. Maybe then we will be educated enough so that they will stop picking on us NAIVE, STUPID STUDENTS whom nobody has tried to educate on the WAY OF LIFE IN SINGAPORE.
Funny, society give us a sheltered life and then society expects us to learn the way of the UNSHELTERED life IMMEDIATELY. Oh, I get it! Maybe THAT'S their way of getting us to learn the unsheltered life -- turn media's spotlight on us. Thanks for trying to teach us.
I am sorry, I think you baby boomers forgot that we are in different generations. You just do NOT understand. You brought us up this way and we are trying to make sense of the world that we have been kept from.
So god damn it, stop shooting us down.
----------------------------
This is an excerpt from The Straits Times (Tuesday, 27/9/2005) on the article "Schools act against students for 'flaming' teachers on blogs" :
'If teachers wish to prosecute, they may have legal grounds to do so. Singapore Teachers' Union general secretary Swithun Lowe said the union is ready to back any teacher who wants to take legal action. It has offered legal help to a few members, but they did "not want to affect the prospects of their young students".'
When I read this I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Why? Laugh because the part where they say "they did 'not want to affect the prospects of their young students' " is so ironic. I thought teachers were supposed to impart good values, so maybe they should have said something along the lines of "they are still students, they might be wrong but it is something they can learn from." If a teacher says this I will respect him/her for the rest of my life. But no, so I'm sorry, I have nothing to say. I think I am like one of those customers who have the phrase "Customer is King" permanently burned into their eyeballs, so they see it in front of them all the time. Sometimes I think I am so hypocritical.
God, what the hell is happening to society?
And why cry? Precisely because I cannot understand what the hell is happening to society.
Or maybe because I am just god-damn naive, and so pissed off that I cannot breathe properly and not enough oxygen go to my brain so I cannot think properly.
Man, I am so pissed off.
3 Comments:
hmmm kinda sad, it is like growing flower in a greenhouse, and all out of a sudden bring it out and expect it to survive under the harsh condition.
I was blogging something about Christianity and was so scared that the mata will come knocking on my door.
Once is a mistake, twice is just stupidity, but when everyone is doing it, then it becomes the norm. Look at bit torrent.... no one cares!
yeah... wat bit torrent?
oh bit torrent is a software that allows downloading of multimedia files, ie movies, mp3, anime, taiwanese shows, etc etc... It is by far the most common form of downloading.
Guess piracy is another issue lah.
Post a Comment
<< Home