Friday, September 02, 2005

Superstar 2005

Winner of first ever Superstar 2005 - Kelvin Tan Wei Lian!

Wah, I can't believe he won. Actually, I can. But I can't believe he sang so badly tonight! Totally not in the frame of mind. Kelly actually sang better than him, and her last song was absolutely wonderful, just brought me to another world. It was, as the judges say, very much a jump to a completely new level of singing.

As to who I voted, I voted Kelly, based on tonight's performance, although under normal circumstances I would have probably voted for Kelvin. My dad voted for Kelvin. Tong Qing piao; Wah lao, can't believe he actually did that lor! Haiz... People have their own fan club and supporters ok! No need to pity! Must give them support based on their talents instead! Kelvin has the talent, but there were others who are so much better, I thought. I think I'm evil. Same goes for Kelly too. I thought that there are certainly others who are much better than her . . . Then that last song she sang changed my mind.

However, I thought that the highlight of the show tonight was actually not Kelly or Kelvin, but is actually the other 2 top contestants, Junyang and Xin Hui. Their singing was superb and they have that on-stage chemistry when performing together. I loved it! It raised goosebumps on my arms when I saw and heard them singing together. Although the goosebumps might have been because they were flirting with each other on-stage . . . It was fun to watch anyhow!

Seriously, I can't believe Junyang is my senior, however distant it may be. Ok, Ok, I will explain. He is in the same university as me, in same faculty, but is in his honours year now for economics. Good-looking, smart and has talent, what a guy! *Sigh*

Haha, I sound like one of those screaming girls who go, "Ahhh! Junyang, Junyang! We love you forever!" Argh, can't stand it! But he so cute! And that Derrick! Both so cute!

Don't any of you have the feeling that Superstar was not as successful as Singapore Idol? My dad begs to differ. He said that Singapore Idol isn't so good, too many (to put it simply) Ah bengs and weird things ( like the taking off of clothes), while Superstar was not so rough in that sense.

What's wrong with me?! Can't write properly!

Oh I love physics! And I must love school! So far literature's been ok, so I'm hoping for a miracle to meet Junyang . . . WHAT am I saying?! Get back to the matter at hand! Ok, lit, right.

Forget it! Oh, I saw Li Jun at uni some days ago, did I mention it? Yes, that superstar contestant is in NUS as well. She isn't as tall as I imagined, about my height, maybe slightly taller, and I'm about 156cm? Ok, I'm short! Don't remind me! She is so dark and I realized she likes to wear off-shoulder shirts. Did not see her face, though, basically because I could not bring myself to submit to my instincts to turn and stare at her in front of so many people. Actually the whole bunch of people were burning to stare at her as well. You could sense their curiosity just by standing there and staring at the computer screen, which we were all doing in the printing room. Everybody was sneaking glances at her out of the corner of our eyes. It is really amusing now when you think about it. Because I was throwing surreptitious glances at her, I did not manage a glimpse of her face, although she was standing beside me at one time and I wanted to sniff the air for her scent. I have a tendency to sniff the air for a person's scent in order to determine what kind of person he/she is. Sounds kind of like a dog, isn't it? I can't remember her scent anyway, so nevermind.

Ah, well! Only a miracle will allow me to see Junyang at school! Then let a miracle happen! Haha, I'm just kidding . . .

Check these sites out :

Has Weilian lost his independence?
Superstar Concert at Sg Expo

All right all right, just check out this main site:

Channel U Spotlight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home