Birthday
You might want to read Yizhen's blog first for a brief idea of what we did yesterday before you launch into this "longggg-wwwwinded" (as quoted from Yizhen) entry. =) Btw, she has a more accurate account of what we did. I have some loops in mine and it doesn't feel right to change what I have already put down.Yesterday (30-9-2005) was my birthday, as you all might have known. Pearlin, Yizhen and I went down to Parklane Shopping Mall to buy some stuff from M.A.S.T music. Unfortunately, they were packing up when we went there. If we had gone down a day earlier, they would have been still open. That is so sad.
We ended up at Swee Lee which was at Bras Basah Complex and spent a long, long time there trying to decide between a pair of SD1 and SD2 sticks and, for me, whether or not to get the 8" drum pad. I think we took so long at that section the salesperson came up to us and asked if we needed help. We ended up getting a drum pad each and a pair of SD1 sticks each for Yizhen and me. I personally think that the drum pad was bigger than necessary. There is a smaller one, but we had no idea where to buy it from and Swee Lee did not sell it. The really weird thing is that the prices we paid for does not correspond to the price tags on the items. The sticks were supposed to cost about $16.50 each, but we paid only $13.20 approximately each. Each drum pad was supposed to cost $30 each but we paid only $24 each. Later on Pearl and Yizhen calculated the price difference and found it to be 20%. It was also brought up that NAFA students have a 20% discount when buying items from there. Hmm, I wonder if we look like NAFA students, or if there was an unannounced 20% discount. Maybe he just liked the look of us and decided to give us 3 pretty girls a 20% discount. =D
Anyway we left Swee Lee with our items and as we walked out of the door, Pearl and Yizhen started whispering suspiciously. Then once we were out of the door, Pearlin told me that my pair of sticks and drum pad are to be my birthday present from them. I KNEW IT! I started grinning because of this and told them that I could not accept it. C'mon lah! My whole set cost about $37.20 and with only the 2 of them sharing, it is awfully expensive! And we are all students, where got enough money! But I was so touched and so happy. =D So with my insisting, they shared the cost for the sticks instead of the whole set. Yay! Thanks guys!
Next we went to macs, started eating and for no apparent reason started talking about the channel 8's 9pm show : X dang(4) an(4) II. Haha . . . We boarded the train at Bugis, went up the wrong escalator at Raffles place MRT, got to our platform, boarded the train, took it to dhoby ghaut and switched to the NEL towards Hougang. Then we started talking about Physics on the train, specifically Physics of Fluid, followed by econs.
So we happily got off at Hougang, I walked to my grandmother's place and I went with my father to Water-rise to get one of the pancake meals which I wanted. My father bought a cake on the way. We went home and when I entered my room saw this lump at my table in the dark. I opened it and surprise, surprise! It was the nokia 7260 which I had lost a month back or so! Apparently my father had traded in his phone for this phone. So he now uses my mom's phone, which I was using before this nokia 7260 came along. It is a 2nd-hand phone and not in excellent condition - the keypad was slightly faulty, but I was very happy, surprised and touched.
Yay! I got a nokia 7260 again! So I made up my mind to get a part-time job to repay my parents.
And my sis came into my room holding an armful of tidbits and said it is her gift for me. She is so cute sometimes. So I hugged her and she said happy birthday. I cut my cake and everything, and within the hour, felt extremely cold and feverish. I was starting to think that it was dengue because I had just been bitten by a mosquito on thursday at NUS and was freaking out. But since I'm pretty fine now, I hope it is nothing much. I forced myself to take a bath, during which I was shivering, put on my jacket, drank 2 cups of water and then because I felt too ill to do anything else, went to sleep. I prepared a cup of water by my bed so that I could "cool" myself down by drinking it. The cup was refilled twice within the hour and 2 hours after I had fallen asleep, I woke up and realised I needed to piss. So every 2 hours I woke up and pissed, refilled my cup and went back to sleep again. How crude! Haha . . . So unlucky! Fever on the night of my birthday! On the other hand, luckily it happened at night and not in the morning. If not, I would have spent the entire day in bed. By this morning, my fever was gone and I went for the scholarship presentation thingy.
Wah, it has been a long time since I wrote something like a description of a day of my mundane life. But since it is a special day, I have decided to record it down. Coz of my fever I didn't blog yesterday, so did it today. Today is another long, long day, but nice. You will fall asleep, so I won't blog about that now. I'll put it in another entry. Haha . . . Thanks to all who wished me happy birthday!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home