Bombings; soft cities
The following was supposed to be posted on Oct 5th 2005. No idea why I did not do it. Probably due to some inconsistencies or wrong information. Anyway here it is :Bombings again in Bali on 1st October, Children's Day. Haiz.
And I thought Children's Day is supposed to be "innocent and white", not a day for showing of hatred and splattering red around. It disgusts me, what these terrorists are doing to innocent people.
This time round, the bombings aren't as serious and the Balinese quickly picked themselves up. Don't know how they cope with this kind of things. Pei fu them.
-----------
Had a CNM lecture yesterday (4th october, tuesday, 2005) on soft cities. Most interesting. Before visual gaming, there was a textual, virtual world where you typed commands to go around. Try going to this blog and then at the sidebar click on " lambda.moo.mud.org port 8888". This is one of the virtual worlds, I believe. Press enter when you get in to see an introduction.
Then there is the usenet, which is an old form of groups and bulletin boards around the late 1970s (about 1979) and which died out after that. Google revived it and retrieved these messages. Messages that were posted in the past can still be found now, so must be careful what we post. The lecturer said he found something that he had posted during his undergrad years in about 1995 still up there. Probably everything we post in forums are recorded and stored somwhere on some shelf in some tape or something. I really like that usenet thing, although it is slightly different from the past. It looks so interesting .
1 Comments:
usenet... is it like newsgroup that kind of thing?? I used to play with newsgroup as well, pretty much like forums but you have the articles delievered to your microsoft outlook...
argh nowadays don't even have the mood to go into forums..
Post a Comment
<< Home