Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Bits and pieces 5

SEA games!

Have to cut about 200 pieces of tickets for concert. Don't even know if I'll sleep tonight. After exams immediately have to do ticketing stuff with Pearlin. Friday I think I still have to continue to do the ticketing. I want to watch Harry Potter, anybody?
Getting increasingly afraid of lightning after reading several articles on how people died from getting struck by lightning so I have a fear of getting struck by one. Just now walked to the bus stop in the rain and at each flash of lightning I wanted to run towards shelter. I like watching the rain when I'm inside shelter, not outside. I like rain without the lightning.

Concerts, performances, shows. Samba performance on 10th december at Temasek Polytechnic, should be confirmed I think. Haven't played samba in a while and haven't played it with 2-4 and the others before. Then it's full fledge rehearsals for concert and chingay. Actually I don't see the point of the Chingay parade. What is it for anyway?

Chingay will continue to preserve the tradition of our Chinese New Year festivities. It will also continue to showcase the rich multi-cultural diversity of our society and offer the special and highly celebrated platform for our local community and local community arts groups to showcase their culture and art forms.
--Chingay 2006 website

Right. It seems to me to be more for commercial purposes. I see a lot more advertisements and nice floats with no meanings than any CNY or cultural stuff. Ironic, I'm playing for chingay and I'm condemning it. I like playing, don't care what events, as long as it's playing music.

Back to literature.

3 Comments:

At November 30, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

I like watching lightning, minus the rain and thunder. The rain seems to add a taste of sadness to it. It is like you can see the lightning making a crack across the sky, sometimes turning the dark sky to purple. I just find it cool. There was once I watched it on a plane, simply fantastic!

Cool! you are performing in Chingay!! Agree with you on the commericialisation part. It is like out of nowhere why would Hosei make a float with giant cans of mushroom and fruit syrup?!?! What has it got to do with anything except advertisement? Then for the previous one, don't understand why they arranged for harley davidson bikers to vroom around... But other than that, cultural performance from both locals and abroad are really nice!

 
At November 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yar, nice when watching lightning from INSIDE SHELTER! haha, you even go notice the colour of the sky... I just like to see the "cracking" part..

yar lah, chingay is becoming increasingly commercialized. In fact, I don't even catch the parade nowadays. I think they got nothing to put on display isit, then let those who can pay for the advertising on floats take up space lor. shucks, I didn't even notice got cultural perf lehz...

 
At November 30, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

is dragon dance and giant flats considered cultural performance?? Anyway they do invite foreign performers as well, usually Japanese association and stuffs lidat lor~

But going there and catching it live is quite tiring, so might as well stay home and watch live telecast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home