Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blogging at 8:20am

I am crazy! Blogging at 8:20am! But I cannot stand it already! I must write down!

Last night I was lying in bed listening to my Celtic cd. It's always my celtic cd. I tell you I LOVE that cd. The songs, I mean. I wouldn't want to make love with the cd itself. Okok, out of point. Anyway, I was listening to a few songs and for the first time in a long while, I lost myself in it. The most obvious song is Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter by John Williams. I could imagine myself to be flying, through danger, excitement, to freedom, to troubles again etc etc. It was so god-damn exciting. Sorry, I am so worked up I can't think of a better word to use. Even as I'm typing this my hands are cold and I am on the verge of crying and laughing at the same time. See, I'm crazy! I told you so.
If I could choose something to be in love with forever, it would be with music. I think it's pretty obvious. It doesn't matter if nobody wants me in the future because I have my music. It doesn't judge you, doesn't reprimand you. It only comforts you, mirrors you and shows you the way. Plus it is always there. So I was listening to the disc last night and I became so awake I couldn't fall asleep. I'm awfuly tired now, but I woke up at 6am I think and lay in bed for an hour or so. It was like I am at a concert, in the state that I was a few years ago. Ears in tip-top condition and able to catch every single detail of the piece. I could hear the flute on the brass, like a layering. I can see the music. A little stream of silver on a darker streak of colour and it flows through, in front of me. It goes on and on and you wonder, what's going to come next? Then there's a change of timbre and what I see in my mind's eye is different once again. It repeats itself again and again. That's what I go through everytime I attend a concert. That's why I never find a concert too long in the past, why time is never an issue for me. When I am there, time doesn't exist. Either the music is there or it isn't, simple. See why I love going to concerts so much? Gosh, I am sniffing now. I'm crazy, aren't I?
Those songs without words are beautiful enough because you can experience everything the composer or the players are trying to convey to you without the presence of words. Then I realized that songs with words can be beautiful as well. Not those pop songs you know - those are for entertainment, but those.. I don't know what you call them. Especially when I don't know the language, I hear the different little sounds or words of the language. They are music themselves.
Got that out, and have stopped sniffing. Wanted to say that sometimes music can be a female, a male or an IT. A sentence in the middle of nowhere sia, haha...

Btw, this is my sister: I think you all never see her before. She's slightly older now. 7 year old. Yes yes, 12 years difference. Both tigers, so both very fierce. She's very brave lor, and very STUBBORN! More so than me. But sometimes very sensible too. I have another brother, but I don't think he wants to have his picture posted up, not that he would see it anyway. I have a post written on him but I can't find it...

Well, cheers! It's time for study and then to school!

note: this post is not edited because I feel guilty wasting 30 minutes on typing this.

6 Comments:

At November 16, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

arghh John Williams.. his Jurassic Park rocks!! You should try Hans Zimmer too.

music... I'm not sure if I hate it or love it, since it will stir emotions in me. Still remember that time I went to AJ band's concert at nyp, my eyes were wet when they were playing Japanese Graphity V.. so touching! So annoying also, what if ppl saw me crying...

so, must of the time music makes me sad... love, hate, tragedy.

(anyway why suddenly introduce your sis? So cuteee!)

 
At November 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hans Zimmer's what piece?
i guess music stirs -ve emotions in me sometimes too... as in everybody else as well. well, better to love it than hate it! shucks, so sorry, did i make u sad now?
eh, u sure or not, AJ band's concert u can cry also! what i mean is, aj band (i'm from aj band) is so lousy lehz (i feel so bad abt this)... u sure e music got feelings? when i was playing there everything was auto auto de...
haha, it's nice to know there r actually ppl out there who cry when they hear touching music and it's BECAUSE of e music...
thx! i know she's cute! everybody says so.. even i tink she's cute.. haha..

 
At November 16, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

I'm not familiar with Zimmer's newer pieces, but Peacemaker and Crimson Tide are nice. I can send u if you want.

why would u make me sad leh?

I think AJ band not that bad bah.. maybe cos last time odac room is just next to band room, so everytime see them practise hard, kind of feel touched.
Maybe it is just that I get emotional very easily....

 
At November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

odac room is still "beside" aj band room, kind of in front, behind that wall.. think it's still at the same place lah, can't have changed much.
aww, really we practise hard ah? I always thought we were irritating the odac members who were practising their climbing outside.. hehz..

 
At November 17, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

hmmmm i thought for a while they shifted the odac room to below the auditorium? That was the year after i left aj la.. j3 like what ppl say. Yup my time it was at the back of the mph.

maybe they were not practising hard, just i felt they were. Or maybe when it came to your generation it was a different story. who knows.

 
At November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always thought it was opp the band room. and i VAGUELY remember the room below the audi although i'm quite sure it is not there... *shrugs* go back and see - problem solved!
maybe, maybe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home