Cousin Eugene's Wedding Dinner
27th Nov. 2005I'm blogging so late at night or so early in the morning because I reached home at about 12.30am or so from cousin eugene's wedding dinner at Sheraton Hotel. I hope I got the hotel name right. I am a narcissist tonight so a lot of photos of myself, and of others of course. I won't put all here though, just enough.
Firstly, I am different today. How? I feel extremely feminine. Very bimboistic.
I shaved my legs! =D My hairy legs are now gone and it feels weird. The hair that has been with me for close to 19 years... A bit sad to see it go actually. I know you all laughing at me, calling me siao right! =D I did it without any planning. Bought this dress today so I really had to shave.
Yes, I wore a DRESS today. Told you I feel bimboistic.
Let's start from the beginning. As there had been a death in the family, it was very uncertain if we were going to eugene's wedding dinner, but on friday it was confirmed that we were going. Saturday, never go buy clothes, sunday (today) quickly whole family went to compass point to shop for clothes. Took like 3 hours or so, maybe even longer, to get everything we needed.
My brother was supposed to wear a formal attire today, so being his first time wearing such an attire, he couldn't decide what colour shirt to buy. After like an hour, finally settled on a grey shirt ($33) and a pair of pants. Then he pull his pants super low, and insist on tucking his shirt out. Wah lao eh, want to slap him I tell you! We keep telling him cannot, very ugly until he gave in and bought the size of pants we thought looked good on him, and a size 15.5 shirt. Later he wear jacket some more, very handsome today! He FINALLY tucked in his shirt at the hotel when I told him everything is dropping out, can see, very ugly or something. He tucked in his shirt anyway, that's the main thing.
That's my brother with cousin, Yee Wen. *slaps forehead* He smile until very mian qiang.For the 1st time I understood why a female can take so long to dress up. I absolutely hate doing it. So troublesome. I forgot, the shopping right, after 2 hours then start to go get my clothes. Sorry, I very bad at shopping. No dress sense, no colour combination sense (except when giving opinions to my friends) so have to wait for my mum and by that time I was already drained of energy from waiting. My shopping attention span is only 1/2 hour. Very good le. Last time don't know how many minutes only. Brother shop le, then sister shop, then is my mom and me. Saw this dress at the shop front, went in, came out with another dress, the one I wore to the dinner. Later then I show you all lah, ok. Very embarrassing.
Anyway, got there at about 7pm sharp for cocktail. We were just on time althought we were supposed to be early I think. We very close to this family mah, father's elder sister - pee ing gugu. So, when I reached we, alright, I was introduced (again) to pee ing gugu's husband, uncle henry, that side the relatives, namely these 2 guys whose names I don't remember. Only know 1 of them is the same age as me I think. In army, he say he in air force, I also don't know. I really want to know about all those army stuff lehz, but nobody wants to tell me anything so I'm fed up and I am super blur about army stuff. Every little thing also don't know, so bimboistic (without the boobs and the looks). Wah lao, not even bimbo lorz, so pathetic. Anyway I shook hands with both of them and his younger brother like so embarrassed like that (he's quite cute, actually), shake his hand, limp limp de. Please lah, guys, shake hand can shake firmly or not ah? I very scared I squash his hand you know. =D K lah, I know he's just shy and is embarrassed although of what I don't know. Not like I'm very pretty or what although my gugu call us 'mei nu' and 'jun nan'. So I was doing a very short polite chat with the older brother, and I am very bad at polite conversation, before YY appeared and I ended the conversation awkwardly by pointing to the bowl of nuts. Anyway took a picture with YY.
That's YY and me with the newly bought dress and cardigan. I am very afraid of cold. I looked very nice initially, wait till later.
Then a picture with my sis.

Drank a bit of YY's beer (tiger beer again, bitter) drank that cocktail drink, and a group of us finished those nuts on the standing tables, ZC carried another plate of it over to our little standing table (embarrassing), and then finally went in to the banquet hall or whatever it is called. Sat at table 11 (just inside the door and beside the red carpet! I got the best seat!) and the 1st thing I saw were these cute little bears at each place.

I didn't get one, by the way. Somebody took my bear! =(
The next thing which caught my attention was this young waitress, I think finish secondary school or something and is working, who was very cute. I wanted to take a picture of her but she was always so far away from my table. Tsk. Wasted.
Then because I was narcissistic, I took more pictures of myself. (Bimboisitc)
Yar lah, very funny, I usually hardly ever take pictures of myself. I feel feminine enough today to take pictures can?
Then you know they always play this video before the dinner starts on how the couple met etc? I am so excited now because they are both of the same age and they are both from AJC! =D Suddenly very proud of my school. So here is a video clip of the section where they took wedding photos at AJC.
Video Clip
=D They were so sweet! It was a courtship of 11 years! That means from like 1994, maybe J1 that time. Got to know each other from AJ orientation. Aww... I was so so touched when I saw the video. Must say again - so sweet!
Then things started.


Solemnization ceremony on stage.
Saying 'I do' and 'I will'.
Exchanging rings. "Man and wife" part. (I wanted to cry.) Then after a bit of dinner, they enter again. This time to cut the cake and to pour champagne down that pyramid of glasses. Can somebody tell suku me why they do that? Because very pretty is it? (Bimboistic, remember?) Then that 'yam seng' thing and a speech by eugene!
Then YY and Yeewen are the only 2 persons standing right in the middle, helping to video and take photos of the whole thing. I took the picture just to tease them a bit and to amuse myself. =D
So, I drank YY's beer, my own glass of orange soft drink and father's red wine [which was surprisingly easy to drink compared to those few I drank in the past. Don't know what brand (if it's called that) or why.]
After dinner when almost everybody has left they took some pictures and we checked out the cake on stage. Turns out the part where they cut is only this small tiny part! The rest of the cake is fake! Haha...
Poor eugene, his friends got him so drunk my father had to help him up to the bridal suite. Then he kept on falling down, his legs no strength. I first time see people drunk, so a bit scary for me. But he keep saying that he's fine, that he can still recognize people, only very giddy. Fell onto the floor once and when he tried to walk to the couch fell face down on the phone table and couch. Haiz, my poor cousin. To think he still said during his speech that not to make him drunk because he has been waiting 11 years for this night. =) So tonight cannot have sex le lah, must wait tomorrow night or something. They must be so disappointed. Anyway... (haha, drifted off for a bit.)
Before going off, took a picture with pee ing gugu, mum and sis:

And I end off with a picture of myself again! Haha, narcissist me. Just for today ok?

There's that dress. And my hair is getting out of control. It always does at the end of the day. It's 3.15am now. Blogged for 2 hours 45 min! Have to go sleep, psychology exam tomorrow at 5pm.







1 Comments:
wah!! rare pictures!! but looked so fierce leh... (ok I shall keep further commnets to myself)
wah! you talked to jun nans!! How come you are so interested in army stuffs leh? Hmm actually most guys get turned off by it, maybe cos they are sick of it. It is like my lecture clique always tell me to stop talking about army or using army lingo cos they want put it behind. Anyway... still interesting that a girl is interested in this... oh maybe you were just bored.
That cute boy shaked you hands softly cos he scare he will crush your hand mah. I dunno leh, I feel uneasy whenever ppl want to shake my hand, I rather do that kiddy wave.
should I be glad that I don't own a camera phone, if not I will become a voyeur.. -_-"
Post a Comment
<< Home