Saturday, November 12, 2005

SPU 2

SPU practice was good today. Started real late, but ended on time.
Overture for Percussion Ensemble rocks! Challenging with all the syncopated notes, but real fun to play. Have to coordinate with Melody. Pressure. I'll just have to get the recording somehow and listen to the coordination. Or I'll just recall the melody that Melody's playing (haha!) and sort it all out. Very tricky - she off-beat, I on-beat. She on-beat, I off-beat. Then sometimes we're together. It's very, very fun to play although I'll probably mess up on that day. *Pray* Please don't let me mess it up! I've botched enough concerts already.
Haven't tried the actual speed on chimes today because the chimes is somewhere else... Left don't know how many bars on the floor, how to play?! So I used keyboard instead. But I love the syncopated. Ok, I'll continue loving it until I start doing the actual speed on the chimes itself then I'll have tired arms and a strained neck. Try playing the bars above you while looking at the score full of quavers and syncopated notes beside you. Maybe I'll hate it then. Plus when nearing the concert Damien sure will be fired up and start scolding everyone, even more stressed then!! Poor pearlin was sight-reading today. Thought she did a decent job on it, though. And Yizhen ah, say cannot, cannot! for Ceremonium on snare but in the end also play nicely! Haha... Me ok lah, have to practice the slow part for ceremonium, got trouble reading 2 notes at 1 time. Always have. A bit exasperating lahz...

And I'm happy that I can hear a bit of what others are playing le, which means I am improving! Yay! I want to return to last time like that.

Back to the books it is!

8 Comments:

At November 12, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

overture for percussion ensemble... is it by john beck? yeek sound so mysterious =P

 
At November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it is! how did u know? wanna come for our perc concert?

 
At November 13, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

hmmm.. can give me details? any student discount? any friend friend discount? =P (I think must be dun have bah...)

 
At November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadly, no discount..

23rd dec, $12, YMS, 8pm.

 
At November 13, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

I think I better don't go.. not because of no discount, but if i have to collect the tix from you, that means i will have to see your face.....(actually is the vice versa that is most horrible)

 
At November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see lah! so not confident! muz haf confidence sia! wif ur botak head! haha... k lahz, it's alright...

 
At November 13, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

maybe i'll head down the one on 4 Dec at Istana Park =)then dun need to let u see my face.

 
At November 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

right, then u can see me rite! *grumbles-smthing-abt-unfairness*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home