Tuesday, December 06, 2005

1st show

My very 1st show today! Samba at Temasek Poly. Very tiring, despite the very short show (0.5 hours) and very... showy. Showy as in acting. When one is playing in the band, it doesn't matter if you are in a good or bad mood as long as you play together with your bandmates and you sound good. This is completely different. Even if you haven't slept at all last night, is in a terrible mood, can't see properly, need to go pee or just feeling bored you still have to smile and move like you enjoy the music. This is an entertainment thing, we have to entertain our audience, he says. It's very tiring. Our instructor told us that it isn't very good today. In fact there was, I quote, "nothing achieved" in.. quite gentle tones. Said probably because we have a new batch, meaning some of us. Spoiled my day. Ah well, my first show, I shouldn't expect perfection. Sometimes it's just disappointing, you know?
We were starting to warm-up after 0.5 hour then it ended, which was pretty sad. However, I thought it was quite ok, the whole thing. Managed to persuade 2 guys in the audience to participate in playing by going up on stage. *smug*
And I got my allowance for this. Then we went Arnold's to eat chicken. Now so full I am having gastric pains cum stomachache.
Am really troubled by what our instructor said.
Just kind of wish that Pearl was there, then at least can look at her and got mood to play.
Don't worry! I will improve! I don't believe I can't move and look as if I'm enjoying myself. Thanks to Hariyani (who is a very nice and talkative girl =D) and Nadiah who both said that it was ok, the former who said she had seen worse shows, the latter who said soon it'll be alright. Anyway I held the heavier agogo-bell for so long that my left hand is now shaking. Damn, tomorrow sure to start aching. Haven't been doing this kind of thing for too long le, close to a year.

Don't believe it, two "1st" in 2 consecutive days.

----------
Today morning SH sent an MMS which I could only read now because I was already on my way to meeting YS, Baozhen and Biing Yih. I keep thinking who is that person holding the cat. Doesn't look like him lehz. AND THAT CAT LOOKS FIERCE.
Oh, did I just drift away from the point of this paragraph? Sorry. Drift away a little bit more, I absolutely adore the song "Confessions of a Broken Heart" by Lindsay Lohan. Am listening to it this moment.
Anyway, cut the whole thing short because I feel very weird telling everybody what's happening. He says he... erm, ah.. oh, nvm! Why am I putting this down here?!

Edit: YZ says she thought Siu Hang was a girl. Wow. I'm speechless. =D Haha... It would be pretty cool though, wouldn't it, if he really is a girl. I'm kidding!
Alright alright, anyway now instead of me wooing him, it'll be the other way round. Okay. No guarantee ok. I don't promise anything.
And we're a bit too alike, become very scary. I'm looking for the differences.
We'll see how it goes. =)

4 Comments:

At December 06, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

hmm... should have gone down to catch it (if in the first place it was possible at all) after your lively performance of samba at Hougang Mall food court...

wow your instructor was quite mean by saying that. Maybe it is just that he himself couldn't spot what you all achieved today. It all depends on ourselves, it is like every 151 bus ride could be boring, but it can be so different too. People, scenery.... and your mood. Anyway your instructor isn't the encouraging type, is he?
If you can see through the meaning to it, it doesn't matter even how worthless he describe you all until. (was that broken english?)

anyway what did SH say (oopz isn't that me?)

 
At December 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, did he really sound tat bad in my blog.. shit. Nono, he also said that it is because of us new people so perhaps things aren't that good, so we need to go think about it, that's all.

yeah, you know what you said, or meant to say.

 
At December 07, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

anyway now instead of me wooing him

did you just tell the world that you wooed me before?

 
At December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they KNOW i wooed u b4..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home