2nd date
Everything in this post is from my point of view. It might not necessarily be what I say that really happened. I might get the wrong ideas somewhere, so please remember that what actually happened is subjective.Went out with Siu Hang today again. Watched Perhaps Love at Tampines Mall. Saw Pearlin at Century Square working at a pushcart! Poor her, have to work until 8.30pm. Had to pretend I am a customer to talk to her, don't want to put her into trouble.
Hmm, should I tell you all everything that we did today? Nah, it would be too boring to read. =p My excuse to say no. I just write a brief summary.
He was the one who asked me out actually, and the first thing was not what we did today, it was CLIMBING. Climbing can! Pleaded with him until he say ok, won't force me go climbing, then next day decided to force me to go again. By then I already decided to go because I thought it would be something different from what I usually do. But then, everything I do is different from what I usually do... Anyway, my bad knee prohibited me from climbing anytime soon. Walk also can feel the strain on my knee, how to climb?! Somehow or other the responsibility of finding what to do fell to me so I asked LY for help. She listed all the attractions in Singapore, which was really funny. She sounded like a tour guide! An alternate occupation for her. Then I turned to SC, asked him if zoo can or not, he hear already want to faint. So I got fed up trying to find something to do and opted for the simplest and most boring thing ever -- have lunch and watch movie. Since SC say Perhaps Love is nice, I take his word for it and decided on that movie.
Perhaps Love is perhaps slightly too simple, too monotone. Yet it is also interesting and abstract at the same time. It mixes reality with the making of a musical. It shows the process of finding back one's roots, one's memories and of finding where a person's heart really belongs. I guess the interesting part is how the movie was shot, combined with the relatively simple plot, I suppose it really isn't too bad. I'm not a person who watches romance films, that's probably why in the middle of the movie I told SH that the movie sucks. Truthfully, it still isn't the type of movie that I'd watch and I still don't think it rocks or anything. Could I add a sentence and say, from a literature point of view that the movie started with everything already in place, the situation, the love, the characters of the roles. And the audience is indeed the audience. We merely watch and do not get involved, unlike many other movies that engage the audience.
So... hey! How did I fast-forward to the movie already when I haven't even told you all how it was before that?! Backtrack... Btw, the sound system suck. Keep tripping over itself, then once got no sound for 1 second, then other times... it just trips over itself lah! Backtrack backtrack!
I left the house late, but managed to reach Tampines Interchange on time. Remember that very valid reason I talked about in some previous post? SH was going crazy and on the verge of exploding from curiosity because I simply refused to tell him what it was. How could I tell him?! It would spoil the whole surprise. I realize I like to surprise people. Btw it's that kit-kat cappucino which he wanted. So when we were walking towards TM I pointed towards a random object, which happened to be something-which-I-can't-be-bothered-what-it-is outside Macdonald's, "What's that?" He turned to look, I pulled the kit-kat out and put it in front of his face. I wasn't looking at him when he realized what was in front of him but I thought I heard a little scream so I guess that's good. And all that curiosity over one kit-kat.
Had lunch, watched movie. Walked TM, walked Century, visited Pearlin. Really, that's all.
It was a hell lot better than that very first date anyway. I went there treating him as a friend and treated him as normal, so it turned out pretty good.
I can hear you all protesting that so little details. OKOK! I will write from the BEGINNING! A bit more details anyway.
I was pretty calm on the bus to TM, but then when I stepped down and saw him I started being super nervous again. As usual. Actually my hands were shaking and my legs a bit jelly already. Wasn't sure if I could pull off that kit-kat thing which I planned in my head, but I still did. Because the usual opening to the MRT was under construction or something I got messed up between the cinema at Century, and that at TM but no we didn't go to the wrong cinema. =D I'm proud of myself! So we bought the tickets first, then headed for lunch. I use to tell myself that one day I would go to the cinema at TM for a movie and today I finally did! That was a bit of an unnecessary detail in this post, fine. After lunch at the food court there it was still rather early so we just walked around and talked. Actually went into Toys R Us because SH wanted to. If it's me, I'd never have entered that place, nor would I have remembered what I played with in the past. Why is it that all the toys now are so advanced in technology?! Can't books just be books? Why must they be read by a toy doll?! Or whatever it is that it is called. Haiz, I feel old already. Out of point (to you all), I know. Okok, back. Oh, we went into Yamaha! =D Sorry, can't resist the temptation to visit a music school/shop. There is a new brand of sticks there. Either it has been in the market for some time and I didn't know about it or it is new. The former seems likely, but the latter seems equally likely. Oh, nevermind. Drifted away again.
Fast forward. Finally went into the theatre, which was really empty even during the movie itself. Only the last few rows were occupied. Anyway we were sitting at the end of the 2nd last row, which reminded me of where LY and I sat at the HP movie. Then out of nowhere he hands me the book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", right in the theatre. I remembered I once made a comment on wanting to read that book, so nice of him to remember. Movie stated 2.10pm, movie started at 2.30pm. We went in at 2pm, stared at the screen for about 30 min and was extremely bored/irritated with the advertisements although I guess they can't help it, have to earn money so have to advertise. SH was eating that kit-kat then he kept pushing them to my mouth. I was so very slightly irritated. Very slightly only, so nothing much. Aiyo, I'm getting very long-winded you know. Yes yes, we were seated quite close. Yes yes, we were touching. Yes yes, my knee hurt. Yes yes, I cried a tiny bit. Oh, that last 2 points weren't what you all wanted to know. No no, he didn't attempt to kiss me in the dark. If he did I'd have slapped him and walked out. =D Just kidding lah! I know what you all want to know what, so I just answer them lor! He said he was prone to sleeping when watching movies, which is quite funny since I only know one other person who sleeps during movies -- my father. My father once snored in the theatre ok! Yes yes, drifting away again, I know.
So we finished the movie and couldn't quite decide where to go. I remembered Pearl works at Century Square so wanted to go and visit her. I had an ulterior motive, actually. Pearl kept asking me to take a picture of him to let her see, so I did something better, I brought the actual person to her. Sorry SH! Didn't tell you. But I really wanted to visit Pearl too. Then at some time we walked past this chocolate stall either at century or TM, can't remember which. So tempted to buy, but see price, forget it. Hehz. I mean he did offer to buy but I would feel really bad making him do so. (Ok, so in my heart I was having that very tiniest bit of hope that we really would get it, and was disappointed we didn't, but then I can't get everything that I want what. Plus I haven't started my work yet, really cannot anyhow spend.)
Hmm, at this point I must put some of my feelings down. Seriously I kind of wished that he had more initiative, yet I know it's not his fault. I don't mean that chocolate thing, I mean that... When we came out of the cinema then we couldn't decide where to go he asked me to decide. I guess because I'm really not used to deciding because I really suck at deciding things. It is always people decide then I follow, not the other way round. Plus I always thought that since he is a guy... Well, ok, I'm very hard on him aren't I? I know it's not his fault, it's just that I don't feel good always leading. It just doesn't feel right. On the other hand I could look on the bright side and think that he doesn't control me. I like a certain degree freedom after all.
Fast forward. At interchange waiting for 72, he commented my lashes curly. Yar, I have curly lashes! Without using the what's-it-called to curl my lashes. Hmm, somehow we ran out of topics. We ran out of topics way before that, I think. I'm a pessimistic person sometimes. Btw, we opted to wait for a double-decked bus. Then we were innocently sitting there when he suddenly asked if I'm afraid of being tickled or not. I stared at him, put my jacket between us and warned him that I am very afraid of it and if I do get tickled I will roll on the floor, which is really not nice to be seen doing so on the bus. Guess what? He tickled me. Pushed his hand away through that jacket of mine.
Then he tried to hold my hand. Ok, my fingers. That was all he managed to hold anyway before I pulled away. (To clarify, he didn't purposely did it. According to him, he was trying to tickle me then kind of found my fingers. Read the comments link to see his exact words.) Not now, not yet. Yes, there was physical contact during the whole date, if you all want to know, but no we were not holding hands. He said he tried to hold some other time but I really don't remember. I only remember he kept pulling at my jacket which I was wearing, then when I took it off he just held the strap of my sling bag so that the back of his hand was against the side of my hip. YES, that's what happened. I know that's what you all want to know!! Haha.. Why am I putting this down here? So embarrassing. (If you read the comments link below, you would know his purpose of holding the strap was just to hold on to me, nothing more. What I wrote is how I viewed it. I sound very defensive of myself, don't I? =D Didn't mean it, just want you all to get the right idea and it's not nice if I spoilt his name or created a false negative impression of him in you guys just because of what I wrote.)
We talked more on the bus, and he did give me another point of view regarding the incense paper burning to my grandma. (At this point SH is hurrying me on MSN.) I alighted the bus and he took the bus home. That's it. I really don't know if I should continue with this or not. Just afraid that it might come to nought. We're just so very fundamentally different. I just decided I won't think so much. But then I must think a lot because it is my nature to think a lot, too much, sometimes. It's true that one cannot truly put down all that is one's mind in one's own blog. I'd better post this first. Any more changes I'll put it in in red font.
2 Comments:
(no money to hire defence lawyer)
I realize a lot of things were not intended to be that way. ie, I didn't mean to touch your hip, I just wanted to hold on to you since I knew I couldn't hold your hands. Then as for trying to hold your fingers, that was byproduct of me trying to tickle you.. somehow just caught your fingers lor... (bunch of excuses)
You seem quite bothered when we run out of topic. It is like when your stomache is empty, you want to force yourself to vomit. Isn't it worse?? If there is a topic there will be a topic, and sometimes feeling the existence/pressnce of each other is wonderful enough.
treating him as a friend and treated him as normal,
ahem... how abnormal can that be?
muz think before i reply...
1st, "a lot of things were not intended to be that way...": yar, i know, that's why i keep saying everything is from my pt of view. Isn't it interesting to see how the other person interprets things though? and thx for telling me which parts were wrong, at least I don't get the wrong idea. that's 1 good thing about blogs, things do get clarified.
2nd, yes, I was bothered about running out of topics basically because I never run out of things to tell u online, whether it is crap or nt and it bothers me tat we run out of topics in real life... perhaps it's juz me..
3rd, I don't get ur Q on abnormality.. normal means me, normal means i don't freak out, which means i do treat u as a fren...
Post a Comment
<< Home