Saturday, December 24, 2005

Concert day

I'm blogging today, the day after concert Strike it up! because I was in no mood to blog yesterday. In fact, I am in no mood to blog recently. Like Yishyene says, it is more of an obligation.

Concert day
Reported at studio at 9.30am, settled more ticketing stuff, then headed down to YMS with 9 other people via 3 taxis. Yes, taxis. You read right and I typed right. I'm going broke. Still owe YZ $1. =D So, setup, had lunch, rehearsed.

Concert was... not really good. Somehow conductor a bit weird weird today. But Windstone's first piece, 4th movement was not bad, I thought, energy-wise. Bayport don't know why he only conduct the first beat then stop. Start, stopped twice, which is really not good for a concert. Overture, I am really disappointed with. I just screwed it up. Everything else was average. The mood was just not there. Then So Nice don't know what happened the piano solo cannot hear at all, then I play my bass until I got lost, until Mel called for a break, then we went into the 3rd repetition. Golden Girlz entry was okay. They are really interesting, and can really talk! I on stage want to laugh already. We went into BBNCC, which was good. SC say the Golden Girlz were really interesting, which is good. Brazilian... was really messy, from what I hear. Bongos on the other end of the stage, so cannot bring over to timps, just play on roto toms. Conductor's face on stage not very happy, later then he scolded YZ for playing on the wrong octave. The thing is that she played on the correct octave. During rehearsal time, he wanted her to play on another octave, and during concert she did just that, somehow it sounded wrong, or was too soft, so he scolded her after the concert. Poor YZ cried while I was talking to my friend. Feel guilty about it. But she's alright now, hopefully. YZ don't think too much ok, scold already then just let it pass. It wasn't your fault either.

Ushers got there late but still in time. Big thanks to them for helping out at this concert despite them not being paid to do so. Tickets and money are in order and every cent accounted for. Big thanks to Kaiyun too for overseeing all 4 ushers. Audience are also quite active and luckily for them, concert was able to keep a certain energy level.

Luckily SC got there in time, after listening to my pointless road directions. Feel really apologetic that he had to ask around for directions. I think he asked for directions. Thanks to Kaiyun again for letting me hound her for directions.

MZ and Bao Ling came really early and somehow my eyes skipped over them when they were still sitting at the bench. They say that they become invisible already. Then they say that I'm too skinny! Which I totally agree with. Can't help it. Eat also no use. Then they say I am too stressed. Which reminded me that Alvin and Hongda were also there (so honoured that they are there to hear us play) and they say that I looked very stressed too. Greg came and told me specifically don't be so stressed. Somebody said that I looked like I was going to cry on stage. Think while I was at the chimes. Not my fault! My face is like that! When I'm concentrating I look stressed, when I'm not smiling I look fierce. My face only pleases itself! =D But then it's true that I was really upset at the chimes because of Overture. WHY DO PEOPLE SAY I'M STRESSED?! Am I really stressed? I don't even know and that's funny.
Then Raodah came and told me last night that I look like I'm 16 years old. Is that good or bad? Aisyah said my voice don't match my face. Face too young, voice too old.
My hair was in place last night! One of those lucky days.
Had dinner only after ticket counter was open.

Really wasn't in the mood to play today, yesterday. Makes sense? Today performance at Istana Park. Didn't really pin-point what I was feeling until Jeremy spoke it then I realized that he's right. Because of last night's concert mood, today not in the mood to play. Somehow under that happy me yesterday (I was really happy to see my friends there), something darker lies. Sounds like an advertisement. Didn't feel truly happy performing on stage last night. Something was missing. Didn't feel tired last night when I came home either. Stayed awake till about 1.30am, which is really unusual. Usually after concert I will be so tired I will sleep on the train but last night I was awake. Well, except for my feet which ache and my knees which were protesting. That uneasiness and unhappiness after the concert was what prompted me to call SH, but felt guilty after calling for disturbing him. So yesterday was a good and bad day combined.

Later performing again. Sian. Did I just express boredom and irritation at performing?! My friends would be surprised. Or not. Not the first time I actually said this.

Entry not edited. Not in the mood to edit.

2 Comments:

At December 24, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

did u say 1.30pm??

Sigh, I dunno music, so can't comment about the concert.

But why was the conductor so particular about it? Isn't music about enjoying the process? Now it has become so result orientated...

 
At December 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

because... sometimes being particular about music is also part of enjoying music. to convey the right kind of atmosphere and message to the audience, u haf to play the music "correctly" in a way, i guess..
but sometimes, like now, being particular gets in the way of enjoying the music...
but when we are playing correctly, we also enjoy e music... so both also want...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home