Wednesday, December 07, 2005

ex-pres; work & naivete; concert; why??

I promised YZ that I would blog.

The thing about blogging is that when I am busy studying for exams, I want to blog but when I am not I don't have the urge to do so.

Did one of singapore's ex-presidents die today? I thought I saw it on the news. The person who set up NTUC, I think. Will check out the papers tomorrow.
One generation is fading out, another is taking the lead, soon it will be our turn and I don't exactly feel prepared right now. It's just that I feel I'm so naive and so untutored that I really fear working. Mint called me a couple of days ago, on my mother's birthday while we were at Crystal Jade Kitchen, and said they would need me from 27th/28th onwards till february. January and February doing part-time, with school on-going. I need the money, so guess will be quite tired at that time.

Kim Peng sms-ed me just now and asked if I could do the videoing instead of the playing this saturday. I told her I don't have experience doing video, she said it's alright, I thought it would be good to learn something new and accepted it. Some time ago, I would not have the courage to try anything new. I would very much like either the tried and tested way or things that I have done before and are familiar with. When I started looking for work in December I realized that I needed to be more daring in all ways. Then when I landed a job with the mint I took it head-on with minimal job training, embarrassed myself many times, got scolded by senior colleague on the first day of work and I reckoned have hardened a bit. But I still am very much an untutored person in the ways of the working world and when mint called me that day I was nervous at the thought that I would need to start working again.

Weird, I never even thought that I would write this much when I first clicked on "new post".

SC cut his hair... Damn short. He was thinking of shaving his head like for the 3rd time or something. Touched that he is really coming for our percussion concert which reminds me that I have to ask Huimin and Belinda. Anybody interested in going contact me ok! Thanks! Really would like to see my friends there.

So here's the advertisement for the concert again:

Studio Percussion Unit(SPU) cum 2/4 Percussion 1st concert - Strike it up! A percussion ensemble concert with pieces ranging from contemporary to ethnic music. 23rd December 2005, 7.30pm, at YMS Arts Centre. Tickets priced at $12. Contact Pearlin (97715176 / juz_smile54@yahoo.com.sg) or Stephanie (90101883 / ng.wan.jing@gmail.com) for tickets and/or details!

Oh I ought to put down that I had a very nice chat on MSN with SH last night. Very nice. The nicest one I could remember ever since we started chatting on msn. I basically questioned him on his climbing and it was very interesting. Yeah, why can't we talk like that in real life? I should start acting normally when I see him.
Then today I was so bored that I started to play neopets again so I asked him out. Ended up nowhere, =) which was really amusing. That is, we ended up playing minesweeper on msn and didn't go out.

And while I'm typing this I'm trying to upload the poster to blogger but it is refusing to do so! 3rd time already!

And since my question is already on the tag-board... Why didn't any of my friends scold me for liking somebody without having ever seen that person?! Don't you all know the dangers of the internet and how high the chances are that the other person is lying and that he is actually a 40-year-old perverted man wanting to prey on young girls? Huh? I thought you all will chide me for doing all these things but it was quite the opposite, which really really surprised me. I already braced myself for the scoldings that I thought would come my way when I told LY and Pearl they all but there were NONE!! Which was really cool, but really surprising. =D I sound like I am eager for a scolding. Well, I AM chiding myself for being ME. Naive me, always doing the things that parents say not to do. Can't say it's bad this time round though, is it?

Blogger just denied me the chance to upload the poster for the 4th time. Dammit. Click Here to see the advertisement and poster.

Good! I have blogged for about an hour! Good night all!

3 Comments:

At December 08, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

Don't have to worry whether you are prepared to step into society. It is like a baby deer, at birth it knows how to stand up cos it needs to stand up to drink the milk, if not it simply can't survive. So it is pretty much instinctive. When the time comes, we will know how to react.

Is there a similarity between "question" and "interrogate"? Sounds like you demanded an answer from me when you "questioned" me...

 
At December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

be optimistic horz... hopefully when the time comes i'll know how to react.. i always think this kind of thing has to be learned..

I NEVER INTERROGATE YOU!! haha.. caps... i sounded like tat when i questioned u?!

 
At December 08, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

no you didn't sound like, but the word "questioned" sounds like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home