Exams are over!; feeling sad
Finished my last paper today! Literature! Was more confident with this paper than the others since I especially love lit, but ironically I used only a day to study it. Went in with 2 prepared plays and 1 novel and still survived. After this 1st exam in NUS I feel much more confident in Arts.After exam happened to walk together with Eng Wen, my lit classmate and an ex-AJCian too, to the bus-stop and it turns out his father was fetching him home and they are passing by AMK so he offered to give me a ride. So embarrassing because I seldom take rides from friends' parents. He sat at the back seat with me and we chatted, quite loudly really. Felt guilty about that too. Thought I should be making some conversation with his father, but then he was driving, so not very safe. Plus I suck at making polite conversation. Grateful to him for offering the ride, if not I'll have to change buses and it was getting dark and difficult to see where that 74 bus stop is.
Yet my day is spoilt when my cousin smsed me when I was at AMK's macs with Pearlin and others. Not nice to air dirty laundry in public, so I won't say go in depth, but it's regarding the wedding and the funeral, so you all go figure out. It spoils my day, hurts my heart and I'm really upset by the tone of the message. Plus I really don't know what to reply him so I didn't reply. What's the use of him harping on it anyway? I thought he would be more understanding, but turns out our generation is still old-fashioned. So, yeah, I'm feeling hurt.
Anyway we finished preparing all the tickets and I'm going with LY to PS to watch HP tomorrow. Yes. So I should be happy about it, but that matter above keeps pressing on me.
Can a person still be shallow when he/she is in university? Yes. I don't believe it, but yes, a person can. He/she can act like he/she does in secondary school, he/she makes ridiculous remarks... Childish remarks. Extremely childish remarks. Or maybe I'm the one who's childish.
2 Comments:
I don't think there is a definite corelation between education level and maturity. A person may be very mature due to his social experience, knows interpersonal skill, has a big heart, and fair to be considered mature. On the other hand, a place in university may mean the person has the capacity to learn, knows how to munch notes, or lucky enough to slip in.
Another wrong perception is the corelation between age and maturity. Usually people say older people are more mature, but somehow this may not be true for all. Maturity still comes from the exposure a person has gone through. Education, religion, family, life experience.
Being old-fashioned is not a problem, but sticking to illogical old ideology IS. Not sure if this sound nice, but I would say by staying away from celebration doesn't always mean grieving for the deceased. It's the thoughts that matters.
hmm... yar hor, I forgot that education not = maturity. That explains a lot. Ironic that education should be a factor of maturity, based on what you say.
last paragraph: yar, i grieve inside, but nobody knows right? thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home