Monday and Tuesday summary
If I were to write down everything that happened these couple of days, it would be ultra long and ultra boring. I'll keep it short.Monday
1) Spent 13 hours at the studio and its surrounding area, namely the noodle restaurant. 9.30am to approximately 10.30pm.
2) Still haven't sorted out the whole of New York New York.
3) Within that same day manage to sell 5 tickets. 3 of which were taken by Damien. 2 by Benison.
4) Still have problems with the bongos part in Ethnic.
5) Ear problem. Melody and Alexandra helped me to buy yellow earplugs.
6) Put one earplug, feel lopsided and cannot hear properly. Put two earplugs, feel deaf. Don't put, ear painful.
7) When one is partially deaf, the other senses really become more sensitive. Had both ears blocked and then realized the floor was thumping. Was thinking that the floor is on the verge of collapsing until I saw Kim tappping the floor heavily with her foot, keeping time.
8) Waited for Lily Goh to come practice at studio, on behalf of Damien. She's hearing-impaired. And she was an hour late.
9) Waited for brother to finish using the computer, impatiently.
10) Wrote a long reply to a long email for approximately an hour.
11) Finally slept.
Btw, got pulled into combo band, playing guitar bass part on ... keyboard bass? If it's called that. Only practiced once and performing on that day. Great. I'd better do it well.
Then today last minute make me reserve for marimba II part in Bayport Sketch, a 2-four piece (I'm a SPU member) because don't know if Nadiah can play. I'll probably be practicing it twice before performing. Why did I go raise my hand when they asked who had played the marimba part before?! Because it's not nice to have them worrying over who can take the part when I know I can. Mostly. Answered my own question. But I played marimba I last time, not II, hopefully, it'll be alright. So now the number of pieces I'm playing is about 9 - 11.
Tuesday
1) Got a new piece. 2 new pieces. Silent night and that reserve part.
2) I like Brazilian St Dance although I have to switch between timpani, agogo bells and bongos.
3) Double sticking is very useful.
4) Right-hand overused. Think I injured it slightly.
5) Still haven't gotten the pants for the concert despite being in Bugis for such a long time.
6) Met 2 friends. 4 tickets. Before heading to Bugis.
7) Was very confused.
8) MSN didn't let me in for 1/2 hour.
9) My friends say I should know the principles of being a lady. Ie, I shouldn't tell guys, "Want to smell me?" when I stink, even though he is a very good friend.
10) Jeremy enlightened me. Cursing inside my head. Heartache. Not confused anymore.
11) Brother's 1st day at work, and tomorrow's his OFF day. Funny.
12) Somebody got the wrong idea. Probably because I was confused then.
13) Pimple outbreak. Always pimple outbreak. Especially before concerts and exams.
14) Tomorrow practicing at studio at 10am. Don't know if I need to turn up for 2-four practice.
15) Issue of pants and money stirred up some heat in people in the studio.
16) Buying pants tomorrow. Have to buy pants tomorrow.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home