Saturday, December 31, 2005

working; pointless Qns

When working...

Handphone rings. Reject. Promptly forget about it.

Handphone beeps. Ignore. Promptly forget about it.

Handphone alarm rings. Press and ignore. Promptly forget about it.

Lunch break...

Checks phone. Cancel everything. Give one word replies. Should I type more... Nah, too tired, need to have lunch... Can't be anything important. Later then reply. Promptly forget about it.

Home...

Reads blogs. Oh my god! She did this! She did that! This happened! That happened! Promptly faints.

Ok, I didn't faint. I did to some extent do all those other stuff though. When I'm working, I miss out on a lot of things in my own family and my friends' lives.

49th (or is it 47th?) day of grandma's death coming soon.

(Been feeling faint recently. Talk to customer halfway and felt lightheaded then wondered if I going to pass out there and then. Amusingly, I wondered how the customer would react if I really did pass out and toyed with the idea of allowing myself to surrender to the giddiness. Decided not to. So childish, go faint for nothing. )

Been really worried recently.

What is the world like when one is blind? What is the world like when one is on his way to being blind?
What is the world like when one is deaf? What is the world like when one is on his way to being deaf?
What if I lose my sight one day? What if I lose my hearing too?
Would I still function?
People might still acknowledge my existence but would I acknowledge my own existence?

Pointless questions on baseless doubts.

(I know it's a pointless post! I'm working on finding back my style and what I yearn to post! Still working on it!!)

3 Comments:

At December 31, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

how come you feel like fainting?? Ermm not enough glucose? Think you try drinking isotonic drink, then at the same time can help to gain weight =P

When you lose one of your senses all out of a sudden, think firstly you will be overwhelmed by disbelief, shock, etc... slowly your remaining senses will try to adapt to the new environment by being sharper... and slowly you will get used to it.

I read a sad story before, a mother became blind when her daughter was a kid, then they got separated, then somehow they found each other, the daughter paid for the mother's eye surgery, then she could see once again, but the world is totally different... (actually there are more sad parts to it, but... irrevelant)

 
At January 01, 2006, Blogger tstar said...

dunno y giddy. cld b lack of glucose like u said coz haven had lunch till quite late, or coz of lack of oxygen. once happened to me in pri sch, vision was wiped out coz of lack of oxygen.
isotonic drink where will gain weight?! no lorz! haha... later i guzzle isotonic drink then nothing happen i find u lorz!

yar, mayb tat's how loss of senses will be like. but i don't wan to adapt coz i dun wan to lose any of my senses...

 
At January 01, 2006, Blogger chillycraps said...

What you mean you don't want to adapt coz you don't want to lose any senses?? If and only if it happens, then you have to adapt in order to survive.

It is like human beings cannot breathe in water, so we must adapt by either taking a deep breath before diving in or we use oxygen tank... you can't expect human beings to automatically grow gills right?

ermm.. maybe wrong analogy again. But still if we don't adapt, we will be left behind, or we simply cannot survive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home