Sunday, December 18, 2005

YZ's b'day; practice; dinner (MZ, BL); stupid post

A little late, but still... HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY SOON YIZHEN! =D

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to youuuu!
Happy birthday to you!

Yay! 17 years old le, technically speaking, yesterday (17th december 2005). Great! Now everybody knows your birthday. =D
But we didn't get anything for her, so feeling quite bad now. Plus remembered she and Pearl got me the pair of sticks. =(
And the poor girl had to practice for 4 hours straight at today's SPU practice. Seems as if her birthdays are always spent at some percussion thing. 2 years ago it was the NYPF, today it was the rehearsal. Affinity, I say.

Oh, I spent 8 hours in the studio today with combo practice in the morning and SPU later on. I'm tired, but not tired. When I met MZ and Baoling later on for dinner and to pass them tickets, Baoling said that despite me saying I'm tired, I look happy. I'm happy that I look happy. Does that makes sense? =D Ironically, I'm practically lost on the vibes part for "new york new york" because it is a 4-mallet piece! And I haven't held 4 mallets for a couple of years. The last time I did, I screwed the whole piece, Omens of Love. Reduced from using 4 mallets to 3 mallets for Omens, still couldn't make it. Now I have to learn this piece in ... 6 days?! Seriously panicking. Got trouble reading 2 notes already, still want me to read 4 notes. And there are the 2 new pieces that I haven't touched before... My little fingers are getting cramps from holding the mallets in place. Well, at least I have sorted out the 1st page of new york, kind of.
Oh, we're playing with Lily Goh, the hearing-impaired percussionist featured at bus-stops. Haven't seen her or heard her play yet though, but it will still be pretty cool, I reckon.

1st Chingay rehearsal tomorrow.

This is a meaningless post (except for the birthday part), don't even know why I put it down. Anyway it was weird talking to MZ and BL again after such a long time. Not a lot of common topics to talk about but still enjoyed dinner with them.

After dinner we were standing at this railing, then a guy/boy, because he looks so very young like sec3 or 4, approached us and asked if he can get to know us ("ke yi gen ni men zhuo peng you ma?"). I didn't bother answering, let MZ and BL handle because it is certainly not ME who is the target. This kind of things don't happen to me, they only happen when I'm together with my friends. I sound so pathetic, but I don't feel that way. It's fine with me, not having guys approach me like that. Saves me the trouble of thinking of the answer, smiling and replying. That guy/boy was asking if we were from secondary school or JC (I guess he saw my shirt or something). I was thinking he is so young, still want somebody from JC?! Then MZ politely refused him (MZ was our spokesperson for the night, requesting for our orders to be taken during dinner, giving our orders, requesting for the bill) and he left. Secondary school or JC students?! Grins and laughter.

BL say that I still look like that secondary school kid who was and is still very much involved in band, never change much. Maybe I will take MZ's advice and go dye my hair. My beloved BLACK hair!

Knees ached terribly today after skipping a dosage of medicine this afternoon because of practice. Simply forgot to take the medicine because I was too engrossed in the score. By the time I realized it was close to 2 hours past the timing and if I took it then, my 3rd dosage of the day would be pushed horribly back since intervals between each dosage would have to be at least 6 hours. Now I realize it doesn't really matter since I sleep very late. Ah well. My water bottle not enough water also, so cannot swallow the pills, so didn't take the medicine.

Stupid post, this. No point, not arguments, nothing important. After all, how important is a person's day as compared to the fact that there are about... 6.5 billion other people on earth. Nine "0"s is billion right? Got my figures all messed up.

Stupid post. Haiz. Incapable of writing now.

Must add in, I didn't know bus 115 had the last bus at 6.30pm, made me wait at the bus stop for nothing. First time I was late for 45 minutes.

3 Comments:

At December 18, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

What is a 4 mallet piece? Does that mean you need to change instrument in the midst of the piece??

Not bad leh, got little boy hook up!! Maybe you girls really look young, or he was looking for god-sis~ But must say he has courage to approach lor, or can say he has got thick skin. How do you know he wasn't going for you? Maybe you still share 1/3 of his interest wad, since there were 3 of you.

Dye your hair?? err... how about dye black?

 
At December 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 mallets means i have to hold 4 mallets in my hands for the piece.. in this particular piece, it is the entire piece... lil finger cramp liao.. haha..

yar, we were saying tat it's a compliment tat we look young. and YES, he really got the courage lor! pei fu him!

how i know he wasn't going for me? after 19 yrs of nobody going for me, it doesn't make this time exceptional..

dye my hair black?! yar, VERY fashionable hor?!

 
At December 18, 2005, Blogger chillycraps said...

err.... u have 2 hands only right? how to hold 4 mallets. in between fingers?? (shucks my palms get sweaty again)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home